CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Thing 12: Online Publishing

This afternoon finds me at school with students during a History Day work session. When not answering student questions, I have been playing around with slideshare.net

While I did not find a powerpoint presentation to use with my middle schoolers, I did find some examples of poorly executed presentations and others that were well-designed. I could see myself showing these examples before assigning the students a PPT project.

I would have liked to find some presentations directly tied to my world history content. However, what I did find was very dry and not well-suited to middle school students.

I did find an interesting presentation about web 3.0...and I'm still trying to figure out web 2.0!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Interesting Web 3.0 presentation ... I liked the part where everything will take only about 5 minutes to learn. In a way I see that as a possibility, because I think tools ARE getting easier and easier to use (and it is not just because of my own increased skill). Thanks for sharing!

AnnWS said...

Here are a couple more to try for finding presentations:
http://www.slideboom.com/
http://www.myplick.com/

You can add yours to Slideshare etc. too!